Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One Bright October Afternoon.


She was as radiant as the sun.
You could pick her out of a crowd of people with ease.
We ran up to her just spouting with excitement.

She greeted us with her sweet smile and bright pink lips.
Her pale yellow blazer lit up our faces.
We talked with her for but a moment
But somehow we felt like we knew her forever.

I cannot describe the pure love and light of Christ she emanated.
Makenna and I barely knew her but she told us that she loved us
And then she embraced us in her arms.

As we walked away we couldn't catch our breath.
I felt the spirit so strongly like it was beaming out of my body.

You might be wondering who I am talking about.
I am talking about Elaine S. Dalton.
She is the General Young Women's President
For the LDS Church.

Makenna and I have met wonder woman.
We have had such an amazing opportunity today meeting her.
It was such a boost and gave me so much confidence that
our church leaders really are called of God.
They are here to help us become better.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like it was so amazing! I am so glad you two got to meet her! Makes me want to be a better person & more dedicated to the gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you girls. She really does love you!

    ReplyDelete