Saturday, March 2, 2013

Quilt Your Heart Out.

Not too long ago I decided I wanted to try and make my first quilt.
I was inspired by this blog post.
I took many pictures along the way to share with you all!

I first started out by cutting out a lot of triangles.


After I cut them out I laid them on my table to choose my color patterns.


I then sewed the triangles together that I had laid out.


I then sewed all of the rows together to get one blanket piece.
I cut off the extra edges of the blanket to square it up.
After this step I sewed the backing and the batting all together.


I then created the biding and sewed it on using this tutorial.


This was the final product!



View of the back folded to the front.


No doubt this quilt was difficult and I have a long way to go on my quilt making skills
but I had so much fun on this project!

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your first quilt! Beautiful! And yet another generation of quilters in our family- Grandma Bair has been quilting for decades and will be proud. Her mother grandma Clark loved quilting too.

    ReplyDelete